The purpose of this policy:
- To protect children and young people who receive tuition at Cedar MPA.
- To provide staff and consultants with the overarching principles that guide our approach to safeguarding and child protection.
Cedar Music & Performing Arts believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We recognise that we have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe. We are committed to practice in a way that promotes them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child is paramount as enshrined in the Children Act 1989.
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues.
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
Cedar Music & Performing Arts seeks to keep all children and young people safe by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
- Adopting child protection and safeguarding practices through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through support, training and quality assurance measures.
- Ensuring all checks are made when recruiting staff and volunteers.
- Using safeguarding procedures to share concerns and relevant information with agencies who need to know, and involving children, young people, parents, families and carers appropriately.
- Creating and maintaining an anti-bullying environment and ensuring that we have a policy and procedure to help us deal effectively with any bullying that does arise.
- Ensuring that we have an effective complaints procedure in place.
- Ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for our children, young people, staff and volunteers by applying health and safety measures.
We are committed to reviewing our policy annually. This policy was last reviewed on 08.01.20.